Friday, 1 November 2013

Poppet: Chapter 1 A Different Kind of Guy

"I don't know what you're saying Arthur.. you changed for..you?" You questioned as he inched closer to you with an eerie smirk about his face.

"Yes..poppet. I changed for me.. I can change you to this too if you want. Join me.." He stretched out his arm to you and unexpectedly collapsed.

"A-Oliver. Oliver? You alright? Don't joke with me now, okay?" You said with fear in your voice. "It was probably too much for him to handle at once.." You thought to yourself. After all, he wasn't acting right and this could be him just snapping out of it, right?

~Later that day~

"Love, I'm sorry." Oliver whispered in his sleep. You knew he was alive, so that was a plus. But he was starting to talk like he used to. "Come here.." A tear started to form under his eye. It slowly rolled down his face and dampened the pillow under him. You started to move closer to him but he stayed the same; asleep. So you moved closer until you could hug him. And that is what you did.

"I'm sorry Arthur. Whatever happened to you won't change us. But I just wish you would be normal Arthur again.." You whispered while he was still sleeping. You didn't know if he could hear you but, you hoped so.

"Poppet.. why are you hugging me.." He said drearily as he opened his eyes.

"How did you.. well I guess I'm hugging tightly." You let out a small giggle in relief.

"I'm glad you're okay too, poppet." He smiled, also in relief. "Well, I guess it's time to bake cupcakes!" He said jumping up again as if nothing had happened. He quickly ran outside yelling, "I need more ingredients!!" He seemed so excited. Until you heard a woman scream...


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment