Sunday, 22 September 2013

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya & The Disappearance or Haruhi Suzumiya!

(I know I said in my last post "tomorrow" but I'm bored and want to write now ^^)

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is nothing short of thrilling. It has it's happy moments and it's serious or sad moments which evens out the anime quite well. TMOHS (to shorten writing time) is about Kyon (the narrator who through out the series only uses his nickname), Haruhi (a very energetic girl who runs the world-literally), Mikuru (a time-travelling girl that is a little moe-or at least the guys think so), Yuki (an alien that is very quiet and mysterious) and Itsuki (a non-stop smiler that is also an esper).

Haruhi starts a club called "The SOS Brigade" and in their club they investigate the many mysteries of the Earth. Funnily enough, everyone in the SOS Brigade besides Haruhi knows the gangs secrets e.g. Itsuki being an esper. Even Haruhi her self doesn't know that she can changes the world just with her mood alone.

In a part of the series, there are a couple of episodes called the "Endless Eight" which literally do not end. They keep looping one episode after another. All that changes are their clothes. After figuring out (finally) that they are looping, Yuki says how many times they have looped. Ni, I don't remember the number, but it is way more than eight! Because the episodes are the same, feel free to skip a few if you need.

I recommend this to anyone who is gutsy enough to suffer through eight episodes.. even I did! (Skipped them.. woops~) But seriously guys, this anime packs in serious, playful and downright sad into one episode! I do indeed recommend this!

Now for the movie.. (movie?) yes movie! The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is a movie in which Kyon discovers that Haruhi and Itsuki never went to his school. He also finds that Mikuru has never met him and the only one that can help is Yuki. Now, I won't spoil it for you, but this is a really good movie. The same can be said for the soundtrack too being dramatic and using string instruments perfectly!


Those are all the mysteries I can handle for today (bwah tired ^^;). Join me again (probably in a few minutes) for more anime!

No comments:

Post a Comment